Bookmark and Share tina fey snl | press daily

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

tina fey snl

Fey was born in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia, the daughter of Jeanne, a brokerage employee, and Donald Fey, a university grant-proposal writer.[3] Fey's father has German and Scottish ancestry and her mother is of Greek origin.[4]

Fey exhibited her sense of quirky humor at an early age. Her brother, Peter, remembers a drawing she made when she was about seven. It showed people holding hands, walking down the street with wedges of Swiss cheese. The caption read, "What a friend we have in cheeses!"[4]

Fey was exposed to comedy early, saying:
“ I remember my parents sneaking me in to see Young Frankenstein. We would also watch Saturday Night Live, or Monty Python or old Marx Brothers movies. My dad would let us stay up late to watch The Honeymooners. We were not allowed to watch The Flintstones, though, which my dad hated because it ripped off The Honeymooners.[5] I actually have a very low level of Flintstones knowledge for someone my age.[6] ”

Fey attended Cardington Elementary School and Beverly Hills Middle School.[7] By middle school she knew she was interested in comedy, even doing an independent study project on the subject in eighth grade.[5] She graduated from Upper Darby High School in 1988.[8][

No comments: